John P. Perdew, Ph.D.
Laura H. Carnell Professor of Physics and Chemistry
- Email: email@example.com
- A.B., Gettysburg College (1965)
- Ph.D., Cornell University (1971)
- Materials Theory Award (2012) of the Materials Research Society
- Elected to the National Academy of Sciences (2011)
- Elected to the International Academy of Molecular Sciences (2003)
- Recipient of 1st Annual Tulane SSE Outstanding Researcher Award (2007)
- Recipient of the President’s Graduate and Professional Teaching Award (2009)
J. Sun, B. Xiao, Y. Fang, R. Haunschild, P. Hao, A. Ruzsinszky, G.I. Csonka, G.E. Scuseria, and J.P. Perdew, Covalent, Metallic, and Weak Bonds from a Semilocal Density Functional with the Right Ingredients, submitted, arXiv:1303.5688 (2013).
Y. Fang, B. Xiao, J. Tao, J. Sun, and J.P. Perdew, Ice Phases under Ambient and High Pressure: Insights for Density Functional Theory, Physical Review B 87, 21401 (2013).
A. Ruzsinszky, J.P. Perdew, J. Tao, G.I. Csonka, and J.M. Pitarke, van der Waals Coefficients for Nanoclusters: Fullerenes Defy Conventional Wisdom, Physical Review Letters 109, 233203 (2012).
J.P. Perdew, A. Ruzsinszky, J. Sun, S. Glindmeyer, and G.I. Csonka, van der Waals Interaction as a Summable Asymptotic Series, Physical Review A 86, 062714 (2012).
B. Xiao, J. Sun, A. Ruzsinszky, J. Feng, and J.P. Perdew, Structural Phase Transitions in Si and SiO2 Crystals via the Random Phase Approximation, Physical Review B 86, 094109 (2012).
J. Tao, J.P. Perdew, and A. Ruzsinszky, Accurate van der Waals Coefficients from Density Functional Theory, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (USA) 109, 18-21 (2012).
J. Sun, M. Marsman, A. Ruzsinszky, G. Kresse, and J.P. Perdew, Improved Lattice Constants, Surface Energies, and CO Desorption Energies from a Semilocal Density Functional, Physical Review B 83, 121410-4 (Rapid Communications) (2011).